Active Ingredient: Turmeric
Who did we make this treat for?
Active Dogs; Service Dogs; Agility Dogs; ageing dogs and Breeds with a predisposition to hip dysplasia can benefit greatly from turmeric's soothing qualities. These can include Staffies, Rotties, Labs and Goldens.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) is a rhizome closely related to ginger and common throughout many parts of Asia. It has a rich history in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine where it has been used for over 4000 years.
What are some of the benefits of Turmeric?
Turmeric is packed with more than 100 naturally occurring beneficial compounds. Of these, Curcuminoids, powerful natural antioxidants which are responsible for its’ bright yellow/gold colour are thought to be the most important.
Other components which act both independently and synergistically with Curcuminoids include:
- Beta-carotene: A powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin B & C
- Minerals including Iron, Potassium, Calcium and Phosphorus
- Omega 3 fatty acids and Alpha-linolenic acid
Turmeric has long been celebrated for its’ numerous health benefits:
- It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help recover from injury and many chronic diseases. Limited studies have associated turmeric with the strengthening of the immune system, cancer prevention and alleviation of chronic inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, allergies and many skin and gut conditions.
- Stimulation of liver enzyme production and secretion which aids in digestion.
Is Turmeric safe for dogs?
Turmeric certainly is safe for dogs in small quantities. Many dog food brands use it in their food for colouring, so you might already be giving it to them without knowing.
Are there any side effects?
While rare, the most prominent side effect of Turmeric in dogs is an upset stomach and or constipation. This usually happens if your dog consumes too much at once.
So how do you ensure your dog gets the benefits of Turmeric in their daily diets? An easy option is our Turmeric-infused Catch Me If You Can! Made with 100% Australian Beef tendon and Turmeric, it's their daily dose of a seasonal superfood and a taste you'll struggle to keep them away from.
Shop Catch Me If You Can now. Or check out how you can #TreatThemRight at the Bugsy store.
Made with 100% Australian Beef tendon and Turmeric, it's their daily dose of a seasonal superfood and a taste you'll struggle to keep them away from.